Philadelphia is CHAD’s classroom. Field trips, behind-the-scenes visits, and mentorships with professionals and extraordinary leaders in the design fields are integral to the curriculum. On and off-campus,students participate in projects that make relevant connections between the classroom and the working world of professional designers and architects.
- Shondea Moore (12th grade), Marcia Tollerson (12th grade), Jamal Combs (11th grade) and Terrance Jones (10th grade) are serving as mentors in the Architecture in Education program. Architecture in Education brings architects, landscape architects and other design professionals into classrooms to help young people understand what it takes to make buildings and communities work for the people who live in them. Our students are partnering with graduate students from the University of Pennsylvania program of Architecture and are working with kids at Shaw Middle School and The Henry School. For more information, visit www.aiaphila.org/aie.
- Brittany Glover (Class of ’06) was hired as a summer intern with Facilities Management Department at The Vanguard Group in Malvern, PA. Working side-by-side with a college intern, the internship was designed to expose students to space planning and design, renovation and construction, interior building fit-out and relocation coordination. Brittany is now a freshman at the California College of the Arts. She is studying architecture and interior design.(www.Vanguard.com)
- Several students, in all grades, are participating in the ACE Mentor Program, founded by prominent structural engineer, Dr. Charles Thornton. The ACE Mentor Program serves high school youth who are exploring careers in Architecture, Construction, or Engineering. The mentors are professionals from leading design and construction firms who volunteer their time and expertise. The program is designed to engage, inform, and challenge youth. This past year, three CHAD seniors were awarded college scholarships at the close of the program. For more information, visit www.ACEmentor.org
- Sports Technology Labs Review: Legit SARMS Or Waste Of $? - June 30, 2022
- 5 Rock Hard Pills for a Great Weekend - June 3, 2022
- BPC 157 Review: 9 Amazing Benefits Of This Peptide - May 21, 2022