Expectations for Student Behavior (from the Student /Parent Handbook)
In order to create an environment for positive student development and achievement that enhances learning and leads to success in school, we have established a number of Expectations of Student Behavior. These expectations may be divided into two categories – those that apply to academic endeavor and those that apply to student behavior. Compliance with these expectations will foster positive and productive behavior that will enable the student to fulfill his/her own potential. In the area of student behavior, failure to comply with these expectations may result in disciplinary action being taken against the student.
Our students will
Demonstrate respect for people and property
- Students are honest, courteous and polite.
- Students respond courteously to instructions and/or requests from staff members.
- Students respect school property and the property of others.
- Students settle differences peacefully.
- Students use appropriate language at all times.
- Students display good sportsmanship at school-related functions.
- Students participate in the maintenance and cleanliness of school facilities and property.
Take responsibility for their own behavior and learning
- Students come to school prepared to learn.
- Students recognize that schoolwork and academic development is the primary purpose.
- Students complete all homework, class work and exams.
- Students make personal choices based on reasonable decision-making processes.
- Students accept constructive criticism and disagreement when necessary and appropriate.
- Students comply with all school rules.
- Students accept the consequences of their actions.
Use time and other resources responsibly
- Students attend school regularly and punctually.
- Students attend all classes regularly and punctually.
- Students use books and other equipment appropriately.
Share responsibilities when working as members of a group
- Students cooperate, contribute and share the work of the group.
- Students accept and assume leadership when appropriate.
- Students listen to the points of views of others.
Meet the unique requirements of each class
- Students participate actively in class work.
- Students follow class rules and procedures.
- Students bring to class textbooks, clothing and other materials necessary for participation.
- Students observe rules of safe handling of class equipment and materials.
- Students observe the rules of Computer Ethics.
- Stimuli RX Hemp Gummies Review: Pain Remedy or SCAM? - October 20, 2022
- Prime Potence Review (2022): Is It a SCAM? - October 18, 2022
- Erectin Review: Does It Really Work? (2022) - October 17, 2022